Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Inspiration Struck Me

Last night I got smacked in the back of the head by inspiration. You see, I've been mulling over this story idea in the back of my head. I keep pushing it behind my WIP, but it keeps nudging my WIP out of the way and demanding attention. Last night, I let it have its own way. (Which is why Redemption is temporarily paused.)

Now that I've decided to let it get its way (spoiled brat that it is), I'm just going to let it run wild. If it keeps my fingers flying over the keys, I'll keep at it. If it suddenly dries up, it's getting shuffled back behind my cerebral cortex until I get Redemption done. I don't see any other way right now. Every time I started to work on plotting for Redemption, R2L would interrupt, and I wasn't getting anything done. (I told you it was a brat.)

I don't really want to share the premise yet - it's a little bit shy - but it's a whopper. If it starts to sing, maybe I'll talk about it, but until then my lips (and my digits) are sealed.

Have you ever had a brat story like this? What did you do about it - make your other 'kids' wait while you coddled the brat or tell the brat to wait its turn?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think it's great you have so many stories going at once! I don't usually have this problem, unless it's a short story. Then, I do interrupt my WIP to "get it out on paper". I say write what you're passionate about at the moment, the other story will still be there. good luck!