Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Rant

WTF is wrong with the world?

Seriously. I mean think about it. Supposedly we're all supposed to be evolving to a better version of ourselves, but things seem to be headed in the opposite direction.

Example: The first game of the NLCS. Rockies at Diamondbacks. If you haven't already heard about it, one of the Diamondbacks players was sliding into second and on his way past the second baseman, he threw out an elbow to purposeless knock the guy over. (Ostensibly to break up a potential double-play, but it was moot since the guy was already too off-balance from the slide to complete the play anyway, but that's neither here nor there.) That's just dirty baseball, and completely unnecessary to the game. But folks, that wasn't the worst of it. The ref saw the guy do it, and since it's against the rules, the ref had the power to give the Rockies the double-play anyway. Them's the rules. What happened next was disgusting. Not only did the stadium fill with a loud booing from the fans (which is understandable, but IMO, crass), but then fans started throwing shit out on the field - beer bottles, water bottles, garbage. The Rockies coach had to pull his team off the field because he didn't want anyone to get injured. It was stupid, vindictive and petty. I've seen children act better. (And there were a lot of kids in the stands who got to watch the adults around them behaving like utter morons. Way to set an example! Feh.) Oh, and btw, I'm not a Rockies fan. I'm a Yankees fan, and I would be just as indignant if A-Rod pulled that crap, and the fans at Yankee Stadium acted like assholes.

Example: The rash of news reports about women killing their own children. Ummm... WTF doesn't begin to describe this one. Come on people. It's not rocket science. Don't have kids if you don't want them, and if you want them, don't treat them like shit. For cryin' out loud. And it's not 'not guilty by insanity'. It's murder. Plain and simple. Stop giving these whack-jobs an excuse and when they see they can't get away with it, it'll make some of these loons think about what they're doing.

And what about the rash of kids killing other kids??? Don't even get me started on that crap. Oh, and I caught a newsflash today about a woman who's been arrested for supplying her son with the weapons, with which he was planning his own little version of Columbine.

We've got politicians with personal and/or hidden agendas. We've got people who want to take away our constitutional rights. (Hell, we've got people who want to re-interpret the constitution to fit their need d'jour.) This is America people. It was built on the idea of inalienable rights. And it's not up to someone dork to decide which rights we get to have and which ones we don't need. Now I'm not talking about things people think they're entitled to. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not mean everyone gets taken care of all the time by the government (which really means the people who pay taxes take care of the ones who don't).

If I hear about one more woman whose one welfare and squirting out babies like they were tadpoles so she can get more money every month, I'm going to scream. (Again, they're babies, not incoming producers. Actually, if you think about it, it's little more than slavery - spooting kids out so they can make you money. Ya know?)

Dog-fighting is viewed as a sport? Cock-fighting?? What kind of sick bastard do you have to be to enjoy watching two animals rip each other to shreds???

I could keep going but I've just about ranted myself out.

Ya know, sometimes I'd just like to drop out of the human race. Can I just declare myself and my family as a new species? Would you buy the species 'homo rational'? Works for me. Wanna join us?

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I couldn't agree more. After reading about all the pets that were senselessly killed in Puerto Rico yesterday, I was in tears. What is wrong with people? Ugh. It makes me sick.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Like I said, I could go on and on. I didn't hear about the PR pets thing. I watch a lot of those animal cops shows, though, and they make me so mad. :grrrr: