Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Spankin n Crankin

Around here, that's what we call working hard and fast - Spankin'-n-Crankin'. Well, that's what I've been doing today. It's been a long time since I got almost four thousand words out in one day. (I'm at 3867 words today, as of this post.) Yesterday I did over two thousand, and I went to bed wanting to write more, but too tired to keep typing. I woke up with it itching in my head.

The story is flowing like a waterfall right now. Of course, I know it's not perfect yet. When I get going, I tend to write dialogue without description, or anything else in between to give the eyes and brain a break from the tension. Reading it right now would be like watching a movie with your eyes closed. You know the basics of what's going on, but you're not getting the full sensory experience. I'll go back over it later and flesh it out.

Needless to say, I'm fairly excited. And I'm not done tonight. I just hit a new chapter and decided to give myself a break. I know just where I'm going and I know how to get there. Huzzah! I love it when a story comes together. ;o)

Okay. Break time is over. Back to work. :whipcrack:

(Update: I finished up with 5081 for the day. Yay, me!)

3 comments:

Maya Reynolds said...

Yay, you, indeed!!

Congratulations, B.E. That's an impressive result for one day. Ten days like that, and you'll have a 50K-word book.

Great job.

Spy Scribbler said...

I love it when that happens! I wish every day went like that!

Travis Erwin said...

Way to go. Wish I coud say the same, or even half of the same.

And I loved this desription ...

Reading it right now would be like watching a movie with your eyes closed. You know the basics of what's going on, but you're not getting the full sensory experience