Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Bleh

I've been writing on R2L like a madwoman. I was hoping to keep up the pace, and turn the first draft within a month. Wouldn't you know it - I hit a wall? Or maybe the energy fizzled. Anyway, after topping two-thousand words a day, and hitting thirty-five hundred last night, I flopped today. I know twelve hundred is nothing to sneeze at, but I had to pull teeth to remember what I wanted to write about just to get that.

Anyway, if I can't pick up the thread tomorrow, I'm taking a friggin' break. I love this story, and I'd hate to lose that love just because I want the thrill of finishing.

Actually, truth be told, I'm rushing because I want to know what happens. Oh sure, I know where I'm going with the whole story. I just don't know the exact words I'm going to use to get there, and that's damn exciting.

I hope I wake up with a new sense of purpose, and chock full of words for the next scenes. If not, maybe I'll jump back into editing ARJ. We'll have to wait and see. Now, I'm just going to sleep and hope that while I'm trying to fall asleep, something comes to me.

No comments: