Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Excuses Excuses

I apologize to anyone who read the post "Anticipation". It occurred to me just now, it was just one of many excuses I could use for why I haven't been writing. And lame excuses at that.

Okay, the back thing wasn't a lame excuse, unless you count that I was kinda lame for a few days. It really did keep me from sitting here, but since my hands are fine, it was just an excuse, too. I could've picked up a pen and a notepad and written anyway.

Years ago, I stumbled across a website that was a large list of excuses one could use instead of writing. (At that time I wasn't writing, so it just seemed cute.) There are a million excuses to use when we aren't writing. There's only one excuse to write...

Because I am a writer.

Now (I say to myself), get off your butt and write. Damn it.

So there. =op

1 comment:

Erica Ridley said...

Ah, I need to do this! I was between books, and finally got my new plotline hammered out yesterday. So I'm "planning" to start writing "sometime" during the next week. Guess I need more solid BICFOK goals than that!

(Butt In Chair, Fingers On Keys)