Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Behind Schedule

I started the weekend fully intending to finish editing Blink. As my father always said, though, "Intentions are for shit." Basically meaning, intending to do something is nothing. It's the actual doing of something that's important. It's follow-through. It's action. The thinking and the intending don't mean doodle.

This said, my intentions on Friday ended up being for shit over the weekend. I took yesterday off - mostly, considering I did edit one chapter. I worked pretty good today, but with the majority of a book to edit, I didn't make it very far. I'm a third of the way through right now, and even if I work until I'm too tired to go on, I'll still be short of the whole 27 chapters. So, I'm admitting my error right now, and letting myself off the hook.

If I don't, that damn hook will hang over me for the rest of the night and I won't get squat done. This means that AWJ will be set aside until I get Blink done. It shouldn't take me more than a night or two past my self-imposed deadline, so I'm not going to immolate myself over the whole thing.

Here's hoping y'all did a better job keeping your nose to the grindstone than I did.

No comments: