Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Friday, April 6, 2007

Snow?

Today is April the 6th. It's Good Friday. And it's SNOWING. WTF?

Al Gore needs to come out here and stand in the April snow and talk about global warming. I'd love to pelt him with snowballs. Feh. "An Inconvenient Truth"? The only inconvenient truth for him is that he is a big fat liar. His book ought to be called "A Convenient Lie". Even the environmentalists are backing away from this one. Gore makes James Frey look like the poster-boy for honesty. (Oh wait. That's right. Cold temperatures are caused by global warming, too. Double-Feh.)

:end rant:

On a happier note, I have a really fluffy baby-squirrel gorging himself at my seed pile. (Not really a baby - probably from the last litter of last year.) About the only good thing about cold weather is it makes the squirrels look really cute. On the other hand, there's a tree in my alley with about a half-dozen really pissed robins in it. I bet when they headed north for the spring, they didn't sign up for sitting in the snow.

On the agenda for today... Nada. I'm having my in-home baking assistant (aka my daughter) make Cream Cheese Cookies, and sometime before Sunday I have to make Pistachio Parfait, but other than that, I don't have much planned. Between the snow, and the lack of projects, it sounds like a perfect weekend for hammering out words on AWJ, and editing Blink.

Speaking of a lack of projects, I finally finished crocheting the blanket for my husband. It looks pretty damned good, especially considering this is the first thing I've tried to crochet since I was a kid. It's got to be about six feet long and four feet wide. It was a monster, and it took me forever to finish, but it's done. Yay.

What's on the agenda for you this weekend?

3 comments:

Erica Ridley said...

Eh, not such a fun weekend here. Right now I'm transferring web servers for a client and tomorrow I'm changing mail servers for a 120 employee company. Fun fun fun. I do hope to sneak away for a couple hours in the morning and get some writing in...

Best of writing luck to you this weekend. Send me some cookies! =)

Tia Nevitt said...

I loved your Al Gore rant, and I couldn't agree more!

As for this weekend . . . I'm thinking of baking. Chocolate chip cookies with dark brown sugar. Yummy. I need to do some shopping.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Ah. Reminds me of the old days when I was working for a computer training company, and since they offered on-site training, we (read I) would have to load the pertinent software onto twelve computers, break them down, pack them up and load them into the company van for delivery. Thank goodness, I didn't have the job of setting them up once they got there or breaking them down again. I just had to set them all up again when they came back. Gack.

I'd send you some cookies, but they keep sticking in my router. ;o)

Good luck with the 'puter-ful weekend, and I hope you get your writing in.