There must be something in the air today. It seems like the television execs has conspired to put some real tearjerkers on, and I'm a sucker for movies that make me cry. In honor of whatever event has caused this programming melancholy, I've decided to give you a list of movies that make me ball like a baby.
1) Big Fish (This is the #1 tearjerker of all time for me. By the end, I'm weeping uncontrollably.)
2) Steel Magnolias. (I've seen it so many times now, I start crying at the beginning.)
3) Always (This movie tears me up. It was on today and I couldn't watch it all.)
4) Showboat (This one was on today, too. I watched most of it and sat crying on the couch.)
5) Parenthood (But it's a happy crying... really.)
6) Where the Red Fern Grows (The book is better. I think having read the book makes me cry more during the movie.)
7) Gladiator (but only the end.)
8) Lady Hawke (In this case, I'm just so damn happy, I can't help but cry.)
(I'm sure there are more, but this is all I can think of right off the top of my head.)
Don't get me wrong. I like crying sometimes - it cleans out the pipes and puts me in a better frame of mind. Everyone should try it sometimes. Any movies that make you cry?
Thursday This n That - Two Days Early
8 hours ago