Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Reverting to Pen & Paper

I didn't work on editing Blink yet today - at least not here at the computer. With the snag, I was jammed against it. All I could do was look at my words and know there was something wrong without being able to see how to fix it. When I get like this, I know there's only one recourse...

Pen and Paper.

Or specifically, a red pen and a spiral notebook. I did my question and answer thingy - "What are you trying to accomplish with this scene? Why? What's the best way to go about it?". I'd write a question down and do my best to answer it, then I'd leave it alone for a while. Then I'd write another question and repeat the process. I think I finally worked out all the kinks, now I just have to implement them. Whether I can do that tonight or not remains to be seen.

But even if I don't get back to work tonight, I can see the path ahead of me and it's clear for miles. =oD

No comments: