Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, February 8, 2007

At a Loss

Yesterday was devoted to the local spelling bee. (She came in third overall.) And I must admit it tuckered me out. I didn't write or edit anything yesterday. I helped her study all morning and I vegetated all evening. It seemed to suck the energy right out of me. As a result, I think, this morning I am at a loss for words. I can't think of what to blog about, and the words don't seem to be flowing well this morning. *shrug* Stuff happens.

So, I'll just leave you with the above quote and the following link:

http://www.cordair.com/carlyle/selfmademan.php

I hope you enjoy them both.

I'll be back later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a strange connection between your link and Caroline's blog or maybe it's just my mind. I should be writing the Viking dinner date and instead I crusing through the racers blogs.......

B.E. Sanderson said...

I'm not familiar with all the racers yet, but I'm guessing you mean Caroline Smailes over at 'In Search of Adam' and her comment "Life is one big struggle between being good and being not so good."

I can see a connection there somewhat. It wasn't what I meant, but I can see it. =o)

To me, the sculpture means we are in the process of creating ourselves. Chiseling away the unfinished bits so we can be complete and finished human beings.

Unknown said...

I'm afraid that my mind being tired at the moment was thinking of Caroline's carrot of reading the latest issue of Cosmo with 35 nude men. Base I know but where I my mind as I had just read her blog.

On a more serious note, I do agree with your thoughts. Do you find your writing helps this process?

B.E. Sanderson said...

LOL... Different minds in different places. =oD

I don't know if my writing helps in the chiseling process, but it's certainly affected by it. The more I grow as a person, the better (I think) my writing becomes.

I'm all about increasing knowledge - both of the outside world and of myself. As adults, it's the only way we can grow.