Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Friday, February 2, 2007

Forgive My Fat Fingers

Or in my case, long nails and fingers that are working faster than my brain. The nails I'm going to have to axe before too long. They're making typing difficult. The fast fingers/slow brain you're all going to have to forgive me for.

Please excuse any errors you may find here. You see, for the most part, I don't edit this thing. I'll fix errors if I catch them along the way, or if I see them after I publish, but I'm not out looking for them. If they make it past me, they're on their own.

I admit it. I have something of a sickness. I proofread. Seriously. I proofread everything I read (which doesn't always translate to everything I type, unfortunately). I proofread signs, newspapers, books, magazines... If it's written, my brain is unconsciously looking for errors. Like the fast food sign that said "Help Wanted Hamburgers .99". My first thought was "Where are they going to find a hamburger who wants to work for that?" I've had to stop reading the local paper because I can't make it past the first page without getting disgusted. I mean, we pay 75 cents for typos, bad grammar and spelling errors? Feh. Or the news tickers at the bottom of some channels... Wide Reciever? Thrusday? Does anybody proofread those things?

Now, as to it not translating to what I type. It's not too bad with my novels. I write them, and I go back and read them, and then re-read them. The only time I end up missing typos in my work is when the scene is so entralling I forget my reason for reading it. (Yes. Sometimes I'm reading my own work and get caught up in the scene to such an extent I forget I was the one who wrote it.) This blog, however, I write it and then publish it. I only catch the errors if my proofreading eyes fall upon an offending typo. So, I beg your forgiveness here. And I ask that you understand my work isn't like this. Truly it isn't.

Thank you for reading my blog, and hopefully the mistakes you may find here aren't too irritating.

(Shhh. Be vewwy vewwy qwiet. I'm hunting typos.)

No comments: