Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Another semi-regular update

I probably should make more of a habit of updating on my progress and other events, but life intrudes. You know how it goes.

The latest news:

The First Line rejected Pigwell. Which kinda bums me out because I thought for sure they'd love it. On the other hand, I can easily recycle it - change a few words here and there - and send it out to other lit journals. Onward and upward.

I've haven't heard anything on my partial submission to that publisher (who shall remain nameless because I don't want to jinx it). I have, however, gotten a few more rejections on the queries for Spectacle. One of them was really very nice - even for a pre-printed card. The agent took the time to cross off where it said 'Dear Author' and actually wrote in my first name. She also crossed off where it said 'manuscript' and put 'materials'. Hey, you take the little positives where you can.

I'm zooming right along with my writing, regardless of the rejection notices. As you can see from the little thingies over there on the left, the WIP is approaching 10K words, and Blink has passed the 70K mark in the edit process. Oh, and for those of you who don't know, the 60K goal for my WIP is for the first draft. I fully expect it to get to it's 80-90K final draft word count. It's just that when I get rolling, especially writing dialogue, I forget to fill in the descriptions. So in places I have pages and pages of the actual conversation without any background. I'll fill those places in later.

Other than that, nothing really major to announce. This blog's stats have been steadily growing, and I've hit every continent but Antarctica (do they blog there?). The little map of the US looks like it has a case of the pox--it's so covered with little yellow dots. Thanks everyone for stopping by and I hope I provide enough interesting information so that you come back again and again. Even my other blog is starting to see some traffic, so I'm pretty happy.

I'll update as things happen. So keep your eyes peeled. Who knows when Glimmertrain will finally accept something. =o)

No comments: