Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Today's Update, Etc.

Well, it's 9pm here and I'm calling it a day on the editing. I've been at it on and off since early this morning and my eyes are pooped. (Yes, I took a break mid-afternoon, but if I hadn't I would have been burned out hours ago.)

So, in case you weren't glued to my little tally thing over there, I am taking Blink through its second phase of editing. Which, for me, means taking all the pages I bloodied up with red ink and sitting here at my computer, trying to make sense of all my notes, slashes, circles, and question marks. I'm currently through the end of Chapter 5 (or page 69), have added a total of 773 words for the day - in combination with deleting at least twice that number. (Delete, Expand, Revise, Delete, Expand... You know the drill.)

Just a minute ago, I checked my e-mail and was pleasantly surprised to see my first copy of The Nelson Agency's newsletter. All I can say is: WOW. (I told you I was pooped.) Of course, I wouldn't even say WOW if it wasn't jam packed with interesting information. Thanks to the whole crew over at the Nelson Agency for taking time out of their busy schedules to put together a newsletter. Truly. Thank you.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go veg. It was a productive day, but it was a long day. I'm up for a repeat tomorrow, though. How about you?

No comments: