Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Monday, February 19, 2007

Word Meter Tweaking

The Zokutou word meter is down, so some of the other racers pointed me to a new place: Evolution :: Progress Meter. It's pretty good, but it didn't have any color schemes I fell in love with. Thankfully, it's easily tweaked if you know the right codes to plug in and where to put them into the HTML. I used the code chart over at HTML-Color-Codes.com to grab the right alpha-numeric designations.

Now, for putting them into the right spots: Look through the code and where you see the first place it says 'bgcolor=' replace the old 6-character code after the # with your new one, for the words completed. And the next place it says 'bgcolor=' replace the old code with your next code after the #, for the words total. (Careful not to accidentally delete the quotation marks or anything else.)

If you have any questions, leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Janimé said...

Cool! I liked the other word meter and started hunting around for sewing ones.

This one is easily modifiable for my purposes though (yards in versus yards out).

Thanks! :)

B.E. Sanderson said...

Cool! I wouldn't have even thought of that. Glad you can use it for you, too. I can't wait to see a progress meter up at your blog. =oD