Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Smell of Murder

After a blinding flash of insight while I was outside having a smoke, I came up with the blurb for my WIP, and what sounds like one hell of a title.

"When a Denver detective has to drive into the high plains for his brother-in-law’s funeral, he never envisions he’ll discover a dead body outside the mortuary, or a string of seemingly accidental deaths all having the distinct smell of murder."

Unfortunately, I found a book that has that title. Fortunately, it was published under another title and The Smell of Murder is only an aka. Also fortunately, it was published in 1938 and I think it was published in the UK. So it's all good.

Still needs some tweaking, but you get the gist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shudder to think of the smell of murder! Sounds creepy! (That's a good thing, considering the genre, LOL!)

B.E. Sanderson said...

Thanks, SS. I'm not sure if I'll stick with that title yet, but it does sound creepy. This is my first foray into writing mysteries since 8th grade when I wrote a rather lame one for English class. LOL