Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Midday Break

Well, I've been hitting it pretty hard this morning. I know from the tally on the left, it doesn't look like much, but adding over 600 words is pretty amazing when you figure I've been deleting and revising as well. I'm now through the end of Chapter 7 or page 101, if you're keeping track.

Have you ever been reading something you wrote and given yourself chills? I love it when that happens. Well, it happened during Chapter 7 when the hero gives the heroine a good talking to because she's about ready to chuck it all and run away. Good stuff there. The only thing more satisfying is when I can make myself cry. The end of Spectacle gets me every time, but in a good way. I have this secondary character I just adore, and when he drives through New York at the end of the book... Well... *sniff, sniff, sob* It just gets me... Right here. Ya know?

Anyway. I'm riding the ragged edge of danger, editing so much in so short a period of time. I'm on the verge of total nutburgerness. (Nutburgerness?) What fun.

Back later. =oD

No comments: