Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
- Napoleon

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Why I finally gave in

I'm a strange person. I admit it.

To illustrate: In the past, I staunchly refused to put 'Dear So-and-So' in the salutation of a letter to a person I didn't know. If I don't know someone, how can they be dear to me? Thus, all my query letters began with the agent's name followed by a colon. (Mr. Smith:) Seemed logical enough to me. I didn't want to be hypocritical, after all.

Instead, I have found I'm probably coming off as rude.

It was never my intention to be rude. I'm not a rude gal - at least not unless someone is rude to me first, then it's open season. (And even then, they have to be REALLY rude.)

So, to all the agents who may have gotten a query from me previously, I am deeply sorry if you caught my salutation the wrong way.

I learned, though. Hazzah! She can be taught.

2 comments:

Erica Ridley said...

Dear B.E. Sanderson,

(I actually have no comment. I just wanted to call you "dear".)

Your pal,

Erica

B.E. Sanderson said...

=op

LOL. Thanks, Erica.